Wednesday, November 30, 2022

November 2022 Reading Stats and Booktube Uploads

An Indigenous readathon called Skoden took place on booktube in November and I joined in with enthusiasm. I usually read a few books by Indigenous authors every month, but this month I read 21! That's more than half of the 40 books I read in November. I'm pleased to say that I learned a lot and also enjoyed the many new perspectives offered by reading a wide variety of Indigenous literature. See my video links below for further details.

Here are this month's stats.

Here are the covers of all 40 books that I finished in November.




These are the eleven best books of the month:

Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands by Kate Beaton

Maps of Our Spectacular Bodies by Maddie Mortimer

This Place: 150 Years Retold by Kateri Akiwenzie-Damm; David Robertson; Richard Van Camp; Katherena Vermette; Chelsea Vowel and others

H of H Playbook by Anne Carson, translation and adaptation of Heracles by Euripides

Our Colors by Gengoroh Tagame, translation by Anne Ishii

The Power of Story by Harold R Johnson 

Rave by Jessica Campbell

The Summer of Bitter and Sweet by Jen Ferguson 

The Lesbiana's Guide to Catholic School by Sonora Reyes

Swim Team by Johnnie Christmas

What It's Like to Be a Bird by David Allen Sibley

------------------------------------------------------------
The two books I tried and then abandoned in November:

____________________________________________________________

Links to booktube videos I uploaded in November:

Finalists for Canada's GG Award for Fiction 2022

Friday Reads Nov 4

Friday Reads Nov 11

Indigenous Reads Nov 12

Friday Reads Nov 18

Recent Reads Nov 22

Friday Reads Nov 25

No comments: