Saturday, October 1, 2022

September 2022 Reading Stats and Booktube Links

Having placed pressure on myself to read as many Giller-eligible titles as possible, I was missing the variety that I usually have in my reading life. No picture books, no poetry, few graphic novels, not enough nonfiction and fiction in translation. I'm determined to change that next month! Still, in the final week of September, I read five 5-star novels, so I finished the month feeling good.

The Giller shortlist was announced on September 27 and it is a strong one, even though some of my favourites aren't on it. (Alexander MacLeod's Animal Person didn't even make the longlist!) Anyway, I've read all five and am considering which one I think deserves to receive top honours.

These are the best books that I read in September:


My September stats:


Covers of the 26 books I read in September:


Booktube videos I created during the month of September:


My sole DNF in September is one audiobook that I gave up on halfway through (because it would be better in print):





No comments: