Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Going to Vancouver for the Writers Fest October 22 - 27, 2013.

The False Creek Ferry is my favourite way to get to and from
Granville Island for the Writers Fest.
I'm leaving today for Vancouver with a fistful of tickets for the Writers Fest, starting with Grand Openings, a sold-out event tonight. Joseph Boyden, Eleanor Catton, Sahar Delijani, Viola Di Grado, Rachel Kushner, Earl Lovelace and Andrew Pyper will take turns reading tonight. It'll be like a quick trip around the world and an excellent start to a week of international writers on Granville Island!

Anne Carson, Anne Michaels, Helen Humphreys, Tomson Highway and Michel Tremblay are some of the other people I'm excited to see. I am really looking forward to all of it.

My access to the internet will be sporadic, but I'll try to post a few highlights about the festival when I can.

No comments: