Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Learning to Swim by Sara J. Henry

While riding on a ferry, Troy Chance happens to see something fall from the rear deck of the opposite ferry. "It could have been a bundle of trash; it could have been a child-sized doll. Either was more likely than what I thought I saw: a small wide-eyed human face, in one tiny frozen moment as it plummeted toward the water."

Without stopping to think, Troy dives into Lake Champlain and she rescues the child. This is the story of what happens next. Troy, a freelance sportswriter living in Lake Placid, encounters the dangerous world of kidnapping and murder. She also finds herself attracted to two new men that she meets as a result of saving the boy, but loving either of them presents more than the usual risks.

I was grateful that the plot kept me turning pages because there was far more romancey stuff in the middle than I usually tolerate. I would recommend this especially to readers who enjoy romantic suspense that moves at a sedate pace.

No comments: