Saturday, December 31, 2022

December 2022 Reading Stats and Booktube Uploads

Nineteen out of the 42 books that I finished in December were so good that I gave them 5 stars on Goodreads. That's what I call an excellent reading month! My favourite books are listed below, roughly in order of preference, starting with the best.

Fayne by Ann-Marie MacDonald

Kurangaituku by Whiti Hereaka

Eddy, Eddy by Kate De Goldi

The Short Story Advent Calendar, edited by Michael Hingston

Heartbreak: A Personal and Scientific Journey by Florence Williams, audio read by the author

Books and Islands in Ojibwe Country by Louise Erdrich

Amazona by Canizales

Why Indigenous Literatures Matter by Daniel Heath Justice, audio read by the author

Rebent Sinner by Ivan Coyote, audio read by the author

How Not to Drown in a Glass of Water by Angie Cruz, audio read by 

Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver, audio read by Charlie Thurston 

Thrust by Lidia Yuknavitch

Maya's Song by Renee Watson and Bryan Collier

Somewhere Sisters: A Story of Adoption, Identity, and the Meaning of Family by Erika Hayasaki

Charlie Muskrat by Harold Johnson

The Invisible Siege: The Rise of Coronaviruses and the Search for a Cure by Dan Werb, audio read by Jason Culp

The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O'Farrell, audio read by Genevieve Gaunt

Indelicacy by Amina Cain

Rehearsals for Living by Robyn Maynard and Leanne Betasamosake Simpson, audio read by the authors

-----------------------------------------------------------
My stats for December:



There were two that I did not finish, and in both cases it was because I could tell that it was the wrong time for me to be reading that book, not because I didn't like it:

Booktube uploads:


No comments: