Friday, December 31, 2021

December 2021 Reading Round-Up


This will be more brief than my usual monthly wrap-up because I'm healing from a concussion and can't spend much time reading or looking at screens. It's day 23 and I am improving steadily. Audiobooks have been a blessing, and also loved ones who have read aloud to me. Here's a list of my highlights from December (in no particular order):

Talking to Canadians by Rick Mercer

The Lion's Den by Anthony Marra

This Is Your Brain on Stereotypes by Tanya Lloyd Kyi and Drew Shannon

The Sentence by Louise Erdrich

State of Terror by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Louise Penny

Starbird by Sharon King-Chai

1000 Years of Joys and Sorrows: A Memoir by Ai Weiwei, translated by Allan H Barr

The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo

Dorie's Cookies by Dorie Greenspan
(Note: I read most of this cookbook in November, and I tried out about 9 or 10 recipes. Yummy!)




No comments: